Play Safe Stay Safe - golf guidelines
Temporary Local Rules
Covid 19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic
Rule 3.3b is amended thus:
- Players may enter their own scores on the scorecard (it is not necessary for a marker to do it)
- It is not necessary to have a marker physically certify the player's scores, but some form of verbal certification should take place
Returning Cards to The Committee: [The method for doing this will be advised by each club via their competitions organiser(s)
When a player's ball lies in a bunker the player may take free relief by placing the original ball or using another ball and playing it from this relief area. Once the ball has been placed it cannot be replaced as it is now deemed to be in play:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but with these limits:
- Limits on Location of Relief Area
- Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
- Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
The area where the ball is to be placed must not be smoothed before placing.
If a player fails to get out of the bunker then they are entitled to free relief again, provided the ball is in a poor lie due to the bunker not being raked.
The flags are being left in the hole purely to identify the position of the hole on the putting green. Golfers must always leave the flagstick in the hole and not touch it deliberately.
The hole liners will be set in such a way that means that all of the ball may not fall below the surface of the putting green. The ball is considered "holed" if any part of it is below the surface of the putting green, even if not lodged against the flagstick.
Immovable Obstructions (Rule 16):
Stakes that define either an area of the course (such as penalty areas) or distances (such as distance markers) are Immovable Obstructions and as such must not be removed.
Penalty for breach of Temporary Local Rule: General Penalty
Smoothing of bunkers with feet or a club is permitted under Rule12.2b(2)
Thank you for co-operating and enjoy your golf!
South Buckinghamshire management.