We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
This website should allow any user to:
- modify the line height or spacing of text
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the page
- navigate most of website using a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
For information on how you can adjust your browser settings or use assistive technology to help you use our website, visit AbilityNet.
How accessible this website is
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. However, we are constantly working to improve both our compliance and the experience of our users.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille email firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll consider your request and get back to you within 20 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Services (EASS).
Technical information about this websites accessibility
Buckinghamshire Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the following issues:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
No option to skip repeated content
On the website an option to skip repeated content is currently not available. We are working to resolve this with help from our developers (2.4.1)
Content not included in landmarks
Content on some of our webpages is not included in the WAI-ARIA landmarks throughout the page. We are working to resolve this with help from our developers. (1.3.1)
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Web content that is not subject to the standards referenced in this policy statement include:
- content that is archived.
- non-HTML Documentation (PDFs, Microsoft Office files) that were published before 23 September 2018.
- non-HTML Documentation (PDFs, Microsoft Office files) that are not essential to the services Buckinghamshire Council
- live Audio and Video
- pre-recorded Audio and Video published before 23 September 2020
- online maps and mapping services
- third Party Content that is not under direct control of Buckinghamshire Council or main website provider - Google Translate, Social media links
What are we doing to improve accessibility?
We monitor accessibility using automated checks via Siteimprove and manual checks.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 28 October 2020. This policy was last reviewed on 28 October 2020.